Perejda is an award-winning quilt maker, teacher and NQA Certified Quilt Judge. She began quilting in 1991 and her enthusiasm for quilting continues to grow. Quilt-making is Andi's passion and her quilts have been shown nationally and internationally over the past two decades. She is known for her hand quilting and hand applique, however her interests are not limited to these. Her interest in all facets of quiltmaking continues to grow. She is currently active in two fiberart groups in California, Fibervision and Cutting Edge, and is a member of Studio Art Quilt Associates. Her work has been in gallery and museum shows over the past few years.
Andi earned her NQA judge's certification in 2003 and is also a Master Quilt Judge. She has just completed her second term as Education Chairman on the NQA Board of Directors. She has judged quilt competitions in a number of States, including Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Indiana, Michigan, Texas, Nevada, Wyoming, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon and California.
- Featured Artist, Cambria Allied Arts, Cambria, CA, September 3 - 29, 2013
- Five of Andi's quilts will be on display at the Brigham City Museum's 2013 Quilt Invitational, Brigham City, UT, July 2 - August 28, 2013
- Cabrillo Pavilion Art Center, Fibervision Exhibit, "New Views", Santa Barbara, CA, May 1 - 28, 2013
- California Fiber Artists Exhibit, "New Visions, New Directions", Studio 74, Fresno, CA, April 1 – 26, 2013
- "Entanglement," Ursprung:Yellowstone & Ancestors/Artifacts, Cambria Center for the Arts, Cambria, CA, August 10 - September 3, 2012.
- "Fabrications," Saturn II and Morro Bay Dinghy, Studios on the Park, Cutting Edge Fiberart Exhibit, Paso Robles, CA, March, 2012.
- "Interpretations," High Carbon Highway, Visions Art Museum, San Diego, CA, November 4, 2011 - January 22, 2012.
- "New Views," Cabrillo Pavilion Art Center, Santa Barbara, CA, September 27 - October 24, 2011.
- "Shared Stories: Expressions & Stitched Memories, Homage to Provence, Front Porch Gallery, Carlsbad, CA, July 9 - September 4, 2011.
- New Quilts of Northern California exhibit, Waiting for Diagnosis, Pacific International Quilt Festival, Santa Clara, CA, 2010.
- "SAQA Frontiers: Art Meets Science," Cellular Communication, Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, England, August, 2010. Also shown at the following venues: Pfizer, Inc., New York, New York, Sept. 16, 2010 - March 16, 2011; Quilt Expo en Beaujolais, Graves sur Anse, France, April 14 - 17, 2011; Visions Art Museum, San Diego, California, February 3 - April 22, 2012; Global Health Odyssey Museum of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, June 11 - Sept. 14, 2012.
- "Our Parks Imagined," Morro Bay Museum of Natural History, April 4 - 29, 2010.
- Cutting Edge Fiber Art, Gallery at Marina Square, Morro Bay, CA, March 1 - 30, 2010.
- "Dimensions 09," Homage to Provence, San Luis Obispo Art Center, San Luis Obispo, CA, November 28, 2009 - January 10, 2010.
- "Redefining A Material World," Elverhoj Museum, Solvang, CA, November 14, 2009 - January 24, 2010.
- "New Views," Cabrillo Pavilion Art Center, Santa Barbara, CA, September 1 - 28, 2009
- "Fiber & Stitch," Steynberg Gallery, San Luis Obispo, CA, June 5 - 30, 2009
- "Quilt as Fine Art," San Luis Obispo Art Center, San Luis Obispo, CA, December 6, 2008 - January 16, 2009.
- "Every Voice Counts," Fiberartspace Exhibit at the Blue Star Art Complex, San Antonio, TX, November 4 - 29, 2008.
- "Blue Ribbon Quilts," Whigged Out on the West Coast, LaConner Quilt Museum, La Conner, WA, September 26 - 28, 2008.
- "New Views," Cabrillo Pavilion Art Center, Santa Barbara, CA, September 30- October 27, 2008.
- "Color & Cloth: Redefining A Traditional Art Form" Elverhoj Museum, Solvang, CA November 16, 2007 - January 27, 2008.Fibervision
- "Frame of Reference", Santa Barbara Architectural Foundation, Santa Barbara, CA, March 4 - March 28, 2008
- "Cutting Edge: New Works in Fiber Art," Chemotaxis, Arroyo Arts Collective, The Acorn Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, March 8 - April 6, 2008
Quilt Show Awards:
Ancestors & Artifacts (2010) 41st Annual NQA Show, June, 2010; First Place, Art Quilts.
Saturn II (2008) and Eclipse (2008) Invitational Exhibition: "Sky's The Limit," IQA Festival, Houston, TX, November, 2008-2011
Homage to Provence (2008):Pacific West Quilt Show, August, 2011, First Place, Small Traditional; Road to California Quilt show, January, 2009, Best Hand Quilting; IQA Festival, Houston, October, 2008, 2nd place, Merit Hand Quilting; 39th Annual NQA Show, Columbus, OH, 2008, Mary Krickbaum Award for Hand Quilting
Collision (2007) and Whirlpool Galaxy (2007) and Saturn I (2007) Invitational Exhibition: "Sky's The Limit": IQA Festival, Houston, TX, November, 2007
Branching Out (2005) Finalist: $100,000 Quilting Challenge, 2007; IQA Festival, Houston, 2005, 1st Place, Art Quilts, Naturescapes; Quilt Expo X, Lyon, France, June 2006; 36th Annual NQA Show, Columbus, OH, June, 2005, 1st Place, Art Quilts
Que Syrah, Syrah (2003): Pacific International Quilt Festival, October, 2003, Best Applique, Innovative Wall
Burnished Gold (2002): Road To California, January 2003, Best Hand Quilting; Quilt Odyssey, August, 2003, Best Hand Quilting; Quilter's Heritage Celebration, March, 2004, Judge's Choice Award; 36th Annual NQA Show, June, 2005, Mary Krickbaum Hand Quilting Award, Wall Quilts
Whigged Out on the West Coast (2001): IQA Festival, Houston, 2001, Third Prize, Innovative Applique, Large; Road To California, 2002, First Prize, Innovative Applique, Large; Vermont Quilt Festival, 2002, Second Place, Applique, Large; Quilt Odyssey, 2002, Best Hand Quilting and Third Place; TAS Annual Show, Sacramento, CA, May 2003, Best of Show and Master Applique Award; NQA 34th Annual Show, 2003, Columbus, OH, June, 2003, Second Prize, Wall Applique/Hand; In Full Bloom: Floral Quilts Special Exhibit, IQA, Spring Quilt Festival, Chicago, IL & Patchwork and Quilt Expo IX, Den Haag, The Netherlands, April, 2004.
1910 Revisited (2000): Quilt Odyssey, 2001, First Prize in Traditional Pieced Category
Silver Splendor (2000): Pacific International Quilt Festival, 2001, Best Hand Workmanship, Traditional Large; Quilt Odyssey, 2001, Best Hand Quilting; AQS Quilt Show and Contest, 2001, McCall's Best Hand Workmanship, Wall Quilt; Road To California, 2001, 1st Prize in Category; IQA Festival, Houston, TX, 2000, 1st Prize, Merit Hand Quilting; NQA 31st Annual Show, 2000, 2nd Prize in Category; Part of AQS exhibition at: Tokyo Great International Quilt Festival, 2002; Part of IQA exhibition at: Quilt Expo VII, Barcelona, Spain, 2002; Eastcoast Quilter's Alliance, 2002, Second Prize Hand Quilting, Third Prize, Craftsmanship; Part of IQA exhibition "American Tradition," Houston, 2004 and Chicago, 2005